Friday, January 13, 2012

Transformation

This week I have been reflecting on how my life has transformed over the last 18 years.  Many thoughts and feelings have been running through my mind and heart.  I came across this picture and the brief description of its meaning gives me a feeling of comfort.  I am that "man" only I am a woman who is the seeker.  Each day I look forward to seeing all the beauty this picture represents.  The artists website describes this painting in the following way: At first glance, this painting looks like a decorative artwork.  Unusually bright blossoms in the branches are the center of the composition.. but then, after a while of gazing at the picture, you see that the blossoms are actually butterflies.. The painting evokes a line from Japanese poetry:"I thought, the blossom is back on the branch,...but oh...its only a butterfly." Through these symbols in circular composition, the viewer looks in rounds.  Thus, the profound, secret meaning of the painting is reveled.  The metamorphosis form a slow-growing caterpillar to a beautiful winged butterfly symbolizes the immortality and Transformation of a man's soul on the way to God. In every painting by the artist there is an unseen dialog between man and God.  God is always present in the artists work.  In this particular painting, "The Transformation", it is His hand that is turning over the pages of the Holy Writ.  God reveals the secretes of the Universe through the symbol's, which one should know to understand.  A small figure of man is trying to perceive something unknown and look beyond the borders of the visible world.  In the artists art, the man is always a seeker of truth and God's appearance in everything..”  






No comments:

Post a Comment